The MEGA GROUP SA provides customs clearance services in collaboration with experienced partners, under the supervision of customs agent Mr. Stelios Xenakis. The company has been the holder of a customs warehouse licence since 2009, and within the framework of its integrated sales policy, has entered into partnerships with shipping line companies and agencies for warehouse storage of groupage shipments, and annual partnerships with import - export companies.
Customs Clearance Procedure:
- Proxy authorisation application sent electronically via ICIS NET and accepted by the company, or written authorisation is obtained from the Citizen’s Service Centre or local police department.
- Receipt of bills of exchange and shipping documents from the customer.
- Preparation of customs import/export declarations, subject to compliance with the eligibility rules for the tariff category.
- Dispatch of details (customs declaration) in electronic form, and confirmation of successful submission with allocation of customs declaration number.
- Dispatch of original documents to the respective Customs Authority.
- Customs clearance of goods through Risk Analysis system.
- Payment of duties and taxes and other expenses (Piraeus Container Terminal, Piraeus Port Authority, etc.) electronically.
- Exit of goods from the customs area or free zone.
- Issue of invoices